King Midas had the knack of turning everything to gold that he touched, I don’t have that luck but I can certainly add a touch of gold to my soaps☺️
This month the challenge is mantra marbles. Amy makes it look so easy but once again I got the anxious jitters trying to keep my soap fluid enough to do the swirls.
I have a slab mould that already has dividers but just needed to modify a bit (fill in gaps) so I didn’t have escaping soap
I picked my colours and fragrance. I decided on a bright colour scheme this month with black for the Middle block colour. I used an Essential oil blend of May Chang, Lime, Lavender and Eucalyptus. Smells lovely and refreshing.
For my colours I blended different Madoils micas to make other colours, yellow and 2 different greens to make a lime green, bright pink and orange to make the pink not so fluorescent, white and peacock blue to make a lighter turquoise and the gold n black were used just as they are. I also made some little gold rose embeds to put in my soap as I like to add a little extra touch.
With my soap batter mixed I had to divide it out into portions. This bit was quite tricky as you had to calculate batch size so that you didn’t have too much for the Middle and not enough for the sides. I hoped I had it right but wouldn’t know for sure until I poured.
With all the colours mixed, I poured a little of the black in the middle section and then alternated the colours in long lines, I used the striped marble technique. I kept topping up the black to the same level as the colours but didn’t want to put too much in as all the soap has to be at the same level.
I then used a chopstick to do the figure 8 mantra swirl into the black.
At this point I could have put it to sleep but I wanted to add my little gold rose embeds. I worked out where the cut would be and dropped them into the black part for best contrast.
That was that for now. I left in the mould for 24 hours and then removed. It was full of soda ash, I hate ash! I tried to steam it but it didn’t bring it all off so I washed them in cold water and left them to drain and dry off. This worked really well and I think I will stick to this if I have major ash in the future.
And these are all the finished photos. I took them in all different places around the house to get the best lighting. Hope you like the finished soap and Thanks for looking.
Thanks for another great challenge Amy! Always one step ahead with the best techniques x