Hi everyone, I,M BACK!

I,ve had 2 months off from Challenge club as I have been so busy with other things, I just did not have time for anything. I have missed being a part of the community, so… this month I made time for ME, and the club.

This month is Dancing Funnel technique taught by Tatsiana Serko. Her soaps are amazing and guess what??? I have one of her cutters and mould on its way to me right now!! I’m so excited!! It will be the only one in the World, designed for me and not repeated, how cool is that? I have waited since May as she was so busy but I didn’t care, it is in the post and I will be receiving it soon. Yayy!

The dancing funnel, when finished, reminds me so much of a tortoise shell. When I was a little girl, I had a tortoise that lived in my garden but one day when I went out to feed her, she had ran away. Well….. Walked away, very slowly, never to be seen again. Sad times in the life of a 7 year old!!! She was probably about 500 years old and fed up of living in my little garden and wanted to explore pastures new, well thats what I believed and no one is changing my mind ๐Ÿ™‚


I picked my colors based on the tortoise shells in the pics. Blue, green, black and yellow.

I used Lemon peel zest fragrance oil as it behaves very well in cp soap and just love the fresh lemon fragrance.

I used black as the the base dot colour, then filled in with the blue, green and yellow alternating the colors in each row.

I split my soap batter into 4, but used slightly less black than all the other colors. I still had black left over at the end.

I started off with the black dots and filled in from there on.







I was running out of yellow for the top so should have stopped at the blue.

Once done, I put it to bed until the next day. When I took it out the next day it looked horrendous and Jurassic looking. Thank goodness for soap planers! I had to plane quite a lot of the top off the bars which took most of the top ring off making it look different to the technique but I did follow the tutorial.


After cutting and planing and cleaning up and beveling, it sort of looked acceptable. I’m not so sure of the colours but it smells nice. I was going to have another try but as always, time is not on my side so this one is it. Here is the cleaned up pics.


Close up so you can see the black outline around the colors. I used black as my base and filled in with the blue, yellow and green.

So there you have it, “The Dancing Tortoise”.

I’m so glad to be back and can’t wait to see all the lovely entries.

Thanks Amy and Tatiana for another great tutorial and challenge.

As always, Love from Spain.

Carolyn x